Wednesday, June 01, 2016

#JusticeForHarambe

There are a number of things I could say about this story, and I may get around to that in another post, but for now I'd like to zero in on one point: many people have expressed outrage at "murdering" the gorilla to save the child's life. 

If I were world dictator, I'd round them up. Then, one-by-one, I'd arm them and put them in a large enclosure with a hyena or Gray wolf or Cape Hunting dog. Something along those lines. 

I'd televise the encounter: them v. it. Given a choice, would they use the gun to protect themselves, or would they let the animal tear them apart?

I suspect that in a kill-or-be-killed situation, most of these diehard animals lovers would instantly default to human exceptionalism when their own life was on the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment