Sunday, September 29, 2013

Craig Keener's Second Volume On Acts Is Out

I don't have my copy yet, but Amazon has notified me that it shipped. Sometimes it's difficult to judge whether a commentary on a particular Biblical book is worth getting. This isn't one of those cases. Even if you disagree with Keener on some issues, you'll get an enormous amount of information about the historical context of Acts, its historicity, and modern scholarship on the book, for example. If you don't have Keener's first volume, which has an introduction to the series that's more than six hundred pages long, get that first. The whole series is supposed to be around five thousand pages long. I believe the original version, before editing, was over seven thousand pages.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting the volumes as they come out. It will be so long that I don't know if I'll ever read it all. I may use it only as a reference work.

    ReplyDelete